DIRECTOR & scREENWRITER
Having over 10 years of experience within film industry, in both distribution and production, Julie started Very Chewy Productions and develops and produces films and documentaries. For producer Fu Works she is currently writing a scenario for the short film OhStupid. Besides her film projects she co-wrote a cook- and storybook Maancake & Jasmijn - 100 Geheime Recepten van Chinese Moeders.Her experience with various film producers, Fu Works and CTM Pictures have taught her the ropes of the industry. She has worked on Winter in Wartime, Spy of Orange, Strike a Pose and Road Duster among others. As project manager marketing and production at Warner Bros. International Holland she developed and managed the creative input of international marketing campaigns for the Benelux. She directed various idents and worked on theatrical releases of Ice Age, Harry Potter, Black Swanen 127 Hoursamong others.
In-Soo directed various documentaries but is mainly active as producer. He produced the Teledoc The Secret of Hema (directed by Yan Ting Yuen, almost 900.000 viewers, Competition IDFA) and Dutch New Herring (directed by Leonard Retel Helmrich & Hetty Naaijkens, in competition Tribeca Film Festival), Parradox (Nominated IDFA Best Dutch Film) and produced and co-produced fiction films such as Carmen of the North, Spy of Orange and The Bombardment.
Radstake was born in Seoul but grew up in the Netherlands. He is an alumnus of the Binger Filmlab and the European producer workshop EAVE. He was chairman of the board of the Asian film festival Cinemasia in Amsterdam and he was CEO of CineCrowd, the film crowd-funding platform in The Netherlands.
- Echo’s van een Oorlog– 56’ – 2016 – Joodse Omroep – Fu Works - broadcast 14 December 2016
- Parradox– 82’/52’ – 2010 - Joodse Omroep – 82’/52’ – IDFA 2010 Nomination Best Dutch Doc, Aruba International Film Festival, several African/Caribbean Film Festivals in the USA, sold to several territories with sales agent First Hand Films, broadcast in 2011, theatrical release door Benelux Film Distributors
- Het is zo fijn om Surinamer te zijn– Omroep Llink – 50’ – XD Cam – broadcast December 2008
- KBS Special: A Journey in searching for myself– 60’ - KBS Korea – 2007 – in co-production with Fu Works and KBS Korea – 5 million TV-viewers
- Made in Korea – A one,way ticket Seoul, Amsterdam?– 75’ documentary – Fu Works in association with Neon Film TV & KBS Television (Korea) – theatrical release by A-Film in 2007
San Fu Maltha
Fu Works was established in 1995 by San Fu Maltha and has grown to be one of the leading film production companies in the Netherlands.
Fu Works produced various documentaries such as Parradox, Made in Korea and Echo’s van een Oorlog (all directed by In-Soo Radstake) 4-Elements(directed by Jiska Rickels, opening film IDFA 2006) and Figner(directed by Nathalie Alonso Casale). As well as many theatrical releases such as the recent A Real Vermeer, Alberta and award winning films such as Süskind, Tirza(entry for Best Foreign Film – Academy Awards), Winter in Wartime, Black Book(both shortlisted Beste Foreign Film – Academy Awards), Love is All.
"I have known both Julie and In-Soo for over 10 years. Julie used to work for me as marketing manager while I have made six films with In-Soo. When Julie worked for me it was already quite evident that she approached all projects with a director’s view and brought with her many creative ideas. In terms of support, Julie can count on both In-Soo and myself unconditionally. On the other hand, Julie will be our key to open doors, which will remain closed otherwise. The current Dutch film industry is in need of more diversity therefore we look forward to this film and hence adding Julie as a new voice."