Your Movie Matters
CineCrowd and Movies that Matter present Your Movie Matters. Are you concerned with social engagement and do you want to make a difference with your film? Send us your film plan and get a chance to:
- a pitch for an international jury during the Movies that Matter Festival in The Hague
- €3000,- matching
- a workshop crowdfunding and impact production
- get connected with relevant organisations around the subject of your film.
Of all submissions only 5 filmmakers will be selected, who get the opportunity to pitch their project live to a jury of professionals at Movies that Matter 2017. This jury will subsequently grant 2 x €3000,- matching fund to the winning film plans.
But what can you win exactly? The two filmmakers who win the pitch with their film plans will receive the matching fund. This fund will be payed when that same amount of money (or more) is collected via a crowdfunding campaign at CineCrowd and the aimed budget is achieved. All requirements and conditions for the recruitment can be found on the website of CineCrowd.com.
CineCrowd guides the winning filmmakers with the set up and marketing of their crowdfunding campaign. CineCrowd and Movies that Matter will also provide their network and database for promotion.
- display socially relevant topics and/or motivation (not limited to the Netherlands)
- will go in premiere preferably during the MTM 2018
- length: open. The fund can be used for any part of the filmmaking process
- makers come from (or around) The Hague
The Hague municipality (de Gemeente Den-Haag) will match the amount of money that the filmmakers have crowdfunded until a max. of € 3.000,-. This crowdfunding takes place through CineCrowd.
20 March: deadline submission projects
31 March 1PM: Your Movie Matters: Workshop & Pitch
Workshop crowdfunding & impact production
Pitches max. 5 projects + announcement 2 selected plans + presentation & matching relevant partners.
June – November: planning of the crowdfund campaign in consultation
March 2018: film premieres at Movies that Matter Festival
– Synopsis (1 page)
– film plan / storyboard / mood-board
– CV’s of direction, production, scenario
– CV’s of key creative crew
– involved (or proposed) cast
– motivation for participation in Your Movie Matters
Plans can be sent before 20 March 2017 to email@example.com indicating in the e-mail subject: Your Movie Matters.
About Movies that Matter
Foundation Movies that Matter, founded in March 2006, finds its origins in the Amnesty International Film Festival. They took over the activities of the festival and expanded them, both nationally and internationally.
CineCrowd is a non-profit foundation where filmmakers can present their ideas for films and pitch them to the public.