Two young filmmaker are tralleing together with two digital nomads Steven and Diana and their one year old daughter from Mexico to Costa Rica. Together they are documenting how you can choose for the life of your dreams, even when you don't have a steaday job, a fixed income or a big savings account. During this adventurous roadtrip of two months the film makers will learn everything about living a different lifestyle. A lifestyle in which concepts like money, time, work and posessions will gain a different meaning. Together they will visit a number of secluded communities, meet special fellow travelers and learn wise lessons from local people. This way will show what your live can look like if you take matters into your own hand. A life behind the horizon.
Why this documentary?
Imagine being an ambitious young and freshly graduated student and stepping into the typical 9-5 office job that almost immediatly drains all your energy. Together with loads of other young people, the makers of this film are facing this fate. A fate that was taught to us but doenst have to be true perse. A We believe that in 2016 this does not have to be the path we have to walk. We want to investigate what possibilities lie off the beaten track. Without worrying about societies expactations. How can we contribute to society and be productive, but in a different way? And what would this life look and feel like? Time to hit the road and find out! uit?
We are shooting this documentary for the ever growing group of people that are becoming conscious of the fact that life can be a lot more sustainable, independent and filled with freedom and adventure. A life where work no longer plays the central role it does now and an impulsive, adventurous lifestyle is becoming the new normal. Peope who, just like us, envision a better world. With our search through central america and within ourselves we hope to inspire many others and to stimulate them to consciously and confidently choose for themselves and the life they want to live.
'Behind The Horizon' is a passion driven project. We would like to caputure this journey and share it with the world. In order to this in the most inspiring and effective way, we are going to need some help. Shooting a documentary abroad is a costly and risky undertaking. Your contribution will help us tell a story that will inspire many others.
What we need
The amount that we are crowddfunding is of course very well considered. Our goal is not to gain any money from making this film, we are purely crowdfunding to pay the basic costs. We have already invested thousand euros each but we need a little more. Stuff that we will be using the money for:
- Video equipement, We already invested in equipment ourselves but to shoot everything the way we want, we are going to need some epic gear.
- Steven and Diana are already travelling in a beautiful little van but it is way too small to fit all five of us. That is why we need a van for the crew to make it safely with all equipement to Costa Rica. At the end we will donate the van to a charity project in Costa Rica.
- We need fuel, both for the van and ourselves. Think bananas, tacos, rice, tortillas and gas:) And of course a place to stay when we are not camping out in our van.
- Because we are not completely reckless and aware of the things that could happen on this journey, we are installing a safe in the van and a GPS tracker. This way you cal also follow us on the road:)
- In order to be able to communicate between the two vans, we are going to need two old fashioned walkie-talkies. We tried two tinnen cans and a piece of rope but this was really the better way to go.
Ready, Set, Action!
We have tried to create a couple of awesome packages for you to choose from. This way we hope that your money serves not only us bot also yourseld. You can choose from buying your personlized version of the film (with your name in the end credits) tot a package where together with the crew you will watch the film, we share our story and even host a workshop. Whichever option you choose, we are very thankfull for your support!
Do you want to stay informed about our project? Like us on Facebook and check out our website.
Steven, Diana, Marnix & Martijn
Dit project wordt mede mogelijk gemaakt door het VSB fonds.